Handmade in Devon by Bluebell Love. With lined paper inside.
From my small studio in Dartmoor, I busily hand print my own fabric designs on to 100% cotton and sew them into unique home accessories and gifts.
I love watching my fabric ideas evolve into their final products. The process starts with rough drawings in my notebook that I then carve out of Lino to create individual stamps. These stamps are then repeatedly used to create the overall fabric design. I love experimenting adoing colours at this stage, transforming the plain white cotton and seeing my fabric ideas come to life.
The process that I use to make my fabrics and the fact that a stamp rarely prints the same way twice is what makes every finished item unique and individual. I even print my own labels to bring that extra touch of handmade love to every one of my hand sewn products.
My fabric designs are inspired from my surrounding Devonshire countryside and are quirkily named to form collections:
* Beeloved (inspired by my beekeeping dad)
* Fleurs Garden (named after the little lady who loves exploring my cottage garden)
* Ochard Blossom ( Mixing my grandads scrumping tales and my love of spring)
* Dandy hop (the countryside wouldn't be the same without them)
* Old time country mice (little friends living life the old fashioned way)
* Woodland prickles (our prickly friends from the woodlands of Devon)
* Sunny Meadows (my favourite wildflowers of Devon)
I hope you enjoy my products, I certainly enjoy making them.